Your Madrid itinerary may include visits to museums, botanical gardens and parks, but make sure to also look up the best golf courses in Madrid.
Whether you’re on a business trip or a short week-end break combining city life with a round of golf is the icing on the cake. Review our list of best golf courses in Madrid. Resorts and Clubs below to plan your time efficiently and enhance your travel experience in Madrid. Each golf couse is unique and benefits for players of every skill level.
- Centro Nacional de Golf: Is a club open to everyone. It has 18 holes of competition, a practice court with 80 positions, and a golf school that covers all levels and ages. It is a perfect place for all kinds of social and corporate events that offers among its additional services golf, physio, English, playroom and restaurant fittings in the best environment.
- Golf Santander: It is a spectacular 18-hole course. Created by Grupo Santander and designed by Rees Jones. Opened in 2005 and considered one of the best courses in Europe. And has in its facilities the golf school Jim Mc Lean, considered the number one in the world by the specialized press. More than 2,000 students pass through it each year and its instruction system is perfectly adapted to the physical characteristics and the level of play of each student.
- El Encín: Opened in 2011, it is considered by most golf players as one of the best courses in Madrid. With the unmistakable stamp of the signature Mr. Von Hagge Smelek & Baril, wide streets, well-placed bunkers protecting the fall of the ball and unique greens, wide and with much movement will make the player get the best of himself. In addition, they have spectacular facilities with one of the best practice courts in Spain (100 shot positions).
- La Dehesa: It is an 18-hole course, with par 72 and 6,037 meters of course from yellow bars. Its design is by the prestigious professional golfer Manuel Piñero, and two fundamental aspects were taken into account at the time of its creation: on the one hand, that it was competitive and, on the other, that it kept the balance with the ecosystem.
- Lomas-Bosque: The Club has an 18-hole Par 72 course, designed by Robert Dean Puttman, inaugurated in 1973. It also has a 9-hole Par 3 course. The varied design of the course, with nine first very rough holes that respect the natural orography of the land, among pines, oaks and ravines, and nine completely flat last, where the magnificent lake becomes inseparable companion of the game, in addition to its unbeatable greens well protected by trees and bunkers, makes this field a great challenge for any type of player.
- Retamares: Is a family sports club founded in 1993. Located 30 minutes from Madrid, in the northern area of the capital and in the vicinity of the A1 Madrid – Burgos motorway, it extends over a 720,000 m² plot with spectacular views over the Sierra and the capital. It is the only golf course designed by José Mª Olazábal in Madrid. The 18-hole par 72 course is versatile and fun for both the average handicap player and the technical and demanding player. The molding of the field has integrated the design of the holes in the existing gully orography to define a design type links spectacular sports and aesthetically.